The Verband der Aluminiumrecycling-Industrie e.V. (VAR) promotes the recovery and recycling of light metals, in particular of aluminium, and encourages the development, applications and use of light metals and their alloys provided that they are produced predominantly on the basis of secondary raw materials.
The tasks of the VAR include:
– activities in favour of economically acceptable general
– conditions to carry out the recycling of aluminium and other
– representation of the interests of the industry towards
parliaments, authorities, non-governmental organisations
– public relations
– advice and support for member companies, unless the
interests of other member companies are affected
– exchange of experience and views among the member
– market statistics and market analysis
– discussion of main topics in committees and working groups
(for example environmental protection, health, safety and
The VAR is an organisation of members for members. VAR members are mainly companies that produce high quality aluminium alloys from aluminium containing secondary raw materials, as well as companies which are involved in the preparation and treatment of aluminium containing raw materials and the recovery of materials which arise during aluminium production and processing.
The VAR and its members offer comprehensive services in all areas of aluminium recycling. The VAR defends the interests of its members, and at the same time it acts as contact point for all questions associated with the recycling of aluminium and other light metals.